About the listing
Swamp Antechinus live in areas of woodland, wet heath and coastal grassland areas. They are small carnivorous marsupials and eat spiders, cockroaches and other insects.
- They are known to build their nests inside armchairs, handbags, clothes drawers and old box-like television sets.
- Males live for exactly eleven-and-a-half months before dying.
- All males die roughly 2 weeks after mating due to stress induced immune system breakdown.
- The female develops a shallow, pouch-like fold in the mammary area during the breading season.
- They measure up to 25cm, from its nose to the tip of its tail.
- To report injured wildlife call 03 8400 7300.