About the listing
Join Sarah Hatton & Josh Beames on this coastal workshop exploring the raw beauty of Victoria’s spectacular Great Ocean Road. This coastal landscape photography workshop is perfect for those with a passion for sightseeing and nature, and are keen to learn how to best turn the reality of natural environments you visit into equally memorable images.
They will teach you how to set up and customise your camera so that you’ll be able to capture everything from coastal landscapes under the changing daylight, to all manners of movement within bodies of water.
You will meet in Port Campbell, where you will then proceed to shoot at various locations. A 1 hour processing session will take place midway through the workshop at a local cafe where you can purchase lunch. You will finish off the day capturing sunset at one of Australia’s most iconic locations ie. Loch Ard Gorge, London Bridge or Gibson Steps (locations subject to conditions).
Sarah & Josh will be demonstrating throughout the workshops, shooting and working alongside you as they explain all processes in an ‘easy to comprehend’ manner.
Perfect for the avid beginner or those looking to break into at a more intermediate level.
- 3pm: Meet & Greet: Forage on the foreshore – 32 Cairns Street, Port Campbell
- 3.45pm – 5pm: Gibson Steps: Fundamentals of photography/compositions
- 5.15pm – 6.15pm: Apostles / Saddle Lookout
- 6.30pm – 7.30pm: Dinner & Post Processing Beginner Session: Intro to Lightroom & Photoshop
- 7.30pm – 9pm: Sunset (Approx 8.30pm)
- Understanding ISO, shutter speed & aperture
- Intro to manual mode
- Composition & framing basics
- Understanding lenses and focus
- Why shooting RAW is beneficial
- Intro to ND filters and how they assist in balancing exposure
- Post processing techniques (Lightroom, NIK & Photoshop)
What to bring:
- DSLR camera / Mirrorless Camera
- Spare charged battery
- Your camera instruction manual
- Spare memory cards
- Lenses (recommend wide angle)
- Graduated & Standard ND Filters
- Laptop for post-processing
- Clothing suited to location & conditions
Note: If your Nikon camera is SnapBridge compatible, please bring along your mobile device with the SnapBridge application already installed.
If you are interested in purchasing a gift voucher for any of the other Nikon School courses, please click here.
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
For more course information or enquiries:
1300 851 435 (Mon-Fri 9-5 PM AEDT)
12 Apostles Image: ©Josh Beames. Taken on a Nikon D810 with a Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 lens.
Gibson Steps/Gog & Magog Image: ©Sarah Hatton. Taken on a Nikon D850 with a Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8 lens.